Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jim Brandenburg One Photo for 90 Days




This guys is trully passionate for his job! It was amazing to watch his 90 Day Journal and I'm very excited I had the experience to see his breathtaking images. Jim is so determined to get the perfect picture for the day. He had the most amazing opportunity to take pictures for National Geographic of wild animals. I loved all of his pictures, but my favorite ones where the animal pictures. I liked how he said that the animals got accustomed to him and his camp.It seems as though they accepted him living in their territory, and saw him as harmless. I think they new he wasn't there to harm them, but rather capture their innocent beauty. One thing Jim said that captivated me was that he considers himself one of them because he hunts for that one image a day as deers hunt for their prey. One of the images I thought was remarkable was his first picture of a fox at age 14. Tell me what 14 year old goes out in the wilderness, and takes a picture of a wild animal face to face. He had wonderful encounters with different types of wild animals such as: lions, wolves, elephants, and so on. Jim is an inspiring, and humble person which I believe helps him take all does amazing pictures.

No comments: