Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Ordover Gallery @ The San Diego Natural History Museum


Today I decided to go to Balboa Park to enjoy the art galleries. I took my grandma and my nephew and we had a wonderful time. All three of us enjoyed the beauty of San Diego Balboa Park, and the amazing images of the galleries. In the Ordover Gallery I had a lot of favorite pictures from different artists. I know we had to choose two artist, but it was hard to choose only two.

Some of my favorite pictures where taken by Mr. Ordover in example the picture of two pinguens named "Love." I thought this picture was so beautiful, and it just reminds you that even animals have feelings and know how to love. My nephew liked the pinguen pictures as well he said they remind him of the movie "Happy Feet" which I thought was cute because he made a connection with the pengins to the children's movie.

Paul Nicklen was another of my favorite artist in this gallery. His images of the Polar Bears where so captivating. The images show the life of a polar bear as a cub and as an adult. The water and ice surrounding them looks so beautiful. Walking into that Arctic Gallery made me a little cold!

The other pictures that I truly liked because they where just absolutely mesmirizing where named Pegasus and Pegasus III. I think I missed writing the name of the artist, but I truly loved them. These pictures where pictures of horses in like a dark,foggy,mist.

I had a wonderful time walking this amazing gallery, and I also got to enjoy the Volcano exhibit, and the fossils exhibit on the second floor. Go out there an experience it for yourself if you haven't yet.

No comments: